Grand Theft Auto V is Sold more than 85 million Times. All-time Best-Selling Video Game, both in Revenues and Units. Check the Newly Released Free Content Updates for Grand Theft Auto Online Here.
A milestone has been reached. Grand Theft Auto V has now sold in more than 85 million units. According to The NPD Group, Grand Theft Auto V is now the all-time best-selling video game, both in revenues and units, based on combined U.S. digital and physical sales across PC, console and portable. Rockstar released new free content updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including:
Smuggler’s Run, a major update focused on aerial vehicles and gameplay that introduces new smuggling-based business opportunities, a new Hangar property for storing a range of aircraft, including planes, choppers and ultralights for transporting criminal cargo across the state; and an array of themed content drops post-launch featuring:
- Motor Wars, a vehicle-based battle for survival in an ever-shrinking combat area.
- The Bombushka military bomber and Bombushka Run Adversary Mode.
- The Mammoth Mogul aircraft and Stockpile, a new, jet-fueled take on capture-the-flag.
- Transform Races, a new form of Stunt Race where players switch vehicle classes instantly mid-race across land, air and sea.
- Special Halloween content including the Vigilante weaponized vehicle, the Seabreeze aircraft and Condemned, a nightmarish version of tag where the only way to escape certain death is to take down another player.
Rockstart furthermore announced that new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller, L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. These new versions include the original L.A. Noire game plus all of its additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements tailored to the unique capabilities of each platform.
Following these in December, 2017, comes LA Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE™ system.