Assassin’s Creed Origins XB1X Enhancements Detailed: Ubisoft uploads Q&A. Increased Draw Distance, Faster Transitions & More
Ubisoft uploaded a new Q&A on Assassin’s Creed Origins in their press site. The document provides a thorough insight on the Xbox One X enhancements that the development team has worked on. You can also check out below a new 17 minutes long gameplay video (captured by YouTuber CenterStrain01) running on Xbox One X below and showcasing the city of Memphis.
How will Assassin’s Creed Origins leverage the power of the Xbox One X?
Assassin’s Creed Origins will be visually stunning and fun on all platforms, but thanks to the power of the Scorpio engine, the Xbox One X will let our players experience the most beautiful version of our game with all the stunning details, beautiful landscapes and incredible cities of Ancient Egypt,
rendered in both 4K and 1080p.
The powerful Scorpio Engine of the Xbox One X allows our game engine to really express itself and
render the game with improved shadows quality, greater draw distances and more detailed textures to really highlight the magnificence of Ancient Egypt. And all this in HDR too!
- Assassin’s Creed Origins uses the power of the Scorpio engine to render the game in 4K
resolution on 4K-capable screens. 4K allows us to make the work of our teams really stand
out as we can display more of the details and textures they created. For players without 4K
screens, the fact that the game renders in 4K will result in an oversampled image of higher
quality on their 1080p displays.
- With the Dolby Atmos feature, players will feel right at the center of Ancient Egypt, hearing
more details with greater sound fidelity such as flocks of birds flying overhead for a unique
- With HDR, skies appear more realistic than ever with tons of subtle color change in the blues.
Sunsets look spectacular and torches and fire effects are displayed more vibrantly and
beautifully. Shadows now use bigger texture buffers to appear sharper and more detailed than on any other console version.
- The Draw Distance of elements like grass, plants, pebbles and flowers are twice as far on the
Xbox One X as on the Xbox One. And due to the greater amount of memory and more powerful CPU of the Xbox One X, Assassin’s Creed Origins can maintain higher quality architectural models, vegetation, rocks and display them at longer draw distances in dense environments like the grand cities of Alexandria and Memphis.
- Thanks to the additional memory of the Xbox One X console, the game will allow for faster transitions from Senu to Bayek. The world around Senu and Bayek is constantly loaded in memory, so that when the player comes back to Bayek from Senu after viewing the world and its opportunities, the transition feels instantaneous.
What is it like developing Assassin’s Creed Origins for the Xbox One X?
As developers, we’re excited about Xbox One X and the possibilities it offers as it allows us a greater ability to express our creative vision in the games we create. The enhanced version of Assassin’s Creed Origins on Xbox One X will allow us to show even more of the details of the world the team created, immersing our players into a unique visually stunning experience of Ancient Egypt.
Read more on: WCCFTech.com